HEALTH & SPORT PROGRAM
Here we are, still sailing, still racing, and sometime later. It is really great that we are still enjoying this sailing world, and making our lives with it!
But…, there is one issue we must not forget: time goes by!, we are a bit older, that is for real. This is NOT a problem at all, this is clear, but something we should just consider.
Bad habits training, or eating, or drinking…, take us to a real danger of get injured, or simply under performance. Even more, the stress of the competition is something we have to consider seriously, as another matter of fact (Buceta, 1996).
Some of those risk factors, according to every medical and psychical documentary, are:
- Injury history.
- Inadequate way of recovery from those injuries.
- Excessive fat percentage.
- Overweight percentage.
- Inadequate way of warming-up or stretching.
- Inadequate physical condition.
Honestly, we all know many of these factors are presented in our crews, and there is room to improve on this.
Because we all want to keep doing this, because I want to write this letter next year too, because it is great to know there are so many people from different countries sharing this sailing world…, we want to offer ourselves to prevent any physical or medical issues, and help you all in anything you might need on this items.
Iñigo Losada as a physical trainer.
Pablo Díaz-Munio as a doctor.
This is our team. We have the knowledge and the experience to help you all to keep going with this amazing sailing world:
- Checking where you are in terms of health and fitness: stress test, blood test and some court trials to know exactly that you are well enough to face another sailing season, and know what we should work on.
- Establishing a physical program, according to the sailing program, and also trying to improve any weakness we might detect and keep focus on those items that we already know are keys to be 100% crewing those big boats.
- Assisting on the antidoping issue, if it is the case: what the rules are, what the sailor has to fill or follow along the season and, of course, what the medical solutions are to treat whatever medical problem you could have without falling on this problem (as you know, many of the “positive cases” are just mistakes because the sailor did not that medicine was really a problem).
We are happy to consider ourselves worldwide citizens. Anywhere the team or the regatta is, we will be there, ready to assist and give our best.
Although we all know that Valencia, after that great Americas` Cup in 2007, is one of the most important cities in this sailing world, where you could have everything for the boat, for the sails, for the ropes…, and of course considering this medical and physical item.
There we will have very good medical support. There we will have very good physical support. Even more, there we will have very good weather conditions that will let us follow an acute program almost at 100%.
Pablo Diaz-Munio: firstname.lastname@example.org
Iñigo Losada (Yiyo): email@example.com